Microsoft Hyper-V was previously known as “Windows Server Virtualization” developed by Microsoft Windows as a part of one of the Cloud Computing Products. Hyper-V adds a capability to run Virtual Machines on a Windows Computer.
Get prepared for globally recognized Certifications
150+ centres spread over 20+ countries
State-of-the-art Infrastructure based on latest technologies
Get trained from industry-experts
Based on ITIMS, Social, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud
Dedicated Placement Cell for IIHT students
Earlier known as Windows Server Virtualization, Microsoft Hyper-V is a native hypervisor that can build virtual machines on x86-64 systems running Windows. Hyper-V is available from Windows 8 version and is a succession of Windows Virtual PC. Any server that runs Hyper-V can be configured with one or more networks easily. The first release of Hyper-V took place along with Windows Server on 1st October 2008. It is available free of cost for all Windows Server and also on certain Client Operating Systems. It comprises of Windows Server 2008 Server core and Hyper-V role. Remote access using Hyper-V is done using Remote Desktop Connection.
- As Hyper-V is included in the latest versions of Windows, a lot of money is saved on licensing. Also, users don’t need to learn Linux to use it, as it is Windows-based.
- Hyper-V is very flexible, providing a lot of relief to its users. It is extremely convenient to migrate running VMs from one host to another LIVE using Hyper-V.
- With hyper-V, it is much easier to manage the load, as new servers can be quickly added in a matter of a few minutes.
- It is possible to perform Cluster- maintenance using Hyper-V, without any downtime to the end users.
- Disaster recovery has become more effective with Hyper-V with robust back-up facilities.
- With Hyper-V, now even small enterprises can afford replication of servers across WAN or a secured VPN.
- Hyper-V is a great virtualization platform that provides some amazing features to its users.
- Due to increased productivity and efficiency, Hyper-V is widely used among enterprises.
- Better career opportunities and good pay in top MNCs.
Microsoft Hyper - V Course Outline
IIHT is offering a Modular Programme in Hyper-V. Following are the course topics included in this programme:
1. Planning for Virtualization
2. Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
3. Creating and Configuring Virtual Hard Disks and Virtual Machines
4. Configure Networking in Hyper-V
5. Scale-up Virtual Machines
6. Hyper-V Replica and Disaster Recovery
7. Hyper-V Migration.